Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The boy turns 4 in 6 days!

So what better time to decide to make him a teddy bear! Because last minute ideas are the best ones dont ya know! I got the kit at the craft fair on Friday and thought hey why not make it for Jakes B-day... Ive got a couple hours spare....
I chose "George" with long pile fur. He stands (or sits). Kit was from http://www.dlyellbears.co.nz/

Pattern all layed out and traced ready to be cut out... Im pretty nervous about here! (note theres no spare fur for me use if I bung a part up!! eeek.) The instructions say "only cut the backing not the fur" Well sure, I totally know what that means! So an hour later its all done and cut. (No fur was cut either ;) )
I was warned to pin it well before sewing because its a long pile fur and can slip. So I pinned and pinned! The ears were a mission! I need to sew and then pin more for most bits, but need thread to match first (plus by this point Ive been at it for 2 hours and gotta pick the boy up from care!)

I am also knitting him a jersey, hopefully its ready for the big day. Really I only have the sleeves left to knit so should be do-able!


No comments:

Post a Comment