Saturday, May 29, 2010

Winter = Knitting

I have also discovered 'Nursing essays due = knitting' ;) Just dont tell my tutors!
Ive managed to get a fair bit done (by my standards anyway) in the last few weeks, most days are spent looking for the next project, Ive run out 'want to knits'! Arrrgh.

Last night I whipped up a pair of handwarmers (pattern on rav, Ill look it up and add it here later) I ended up having a blonde moment and ended up doubling the number of SS rows, but decided I perfer the fit this way. It gives a much nicer snug fit. This pair is for a swap box, Ill whip up Jake a pair sometime soon. (Ive just started a poncho for Jake so Ill knit some handwarmers when I get bored)

And the wool is Tekapo "Tartan" orginal version, they have changed the dye now and its not as nice as the one I have. :(
Newborn pair of longies, orginally knitted for a baby thats now 1yr old lol, woops. So it will be going in the swap box too.

Ive dyed some wool for a random secret gift, Hopefully the colours are liked!


And I have some green dye left in the crockpot after dying my headband so bunged a skein of wool in, love the colour a lot!


Ive finished Jakes vest!! I love it. This pic is it unblocked, Ive since blocked it and it looks much better, bummer the flash washed out the lighter green and you cant really see the cables but oh well, just believe me when I say it is awesome. ;)

I knitted a shawl, using wool recieved in a yarn swap. Im in love with it and plan on using it in the lecture halls in winter when it can freeze, esp if your sitting for a few hours. This was my first piece of 'major' lace work, So im stoked with the out come.
Close up of the lace work.
A headband I made for me. I used a natural grey wool knitted it then dyed it (headband I was dying when I dyed the green wool) Very easy quick pattern, only a few hours knitting.

I have also knitted a NB jacket but got bored with the sewing up, must get on with it or the baby its intended for will be 1 as well before I finish!

I have holidays in July, so fingers crossed I get some crafting time in then!

No comments:

Post a Comment