Monday, February 15, 2010

Busy busy!

Well its been a few weeks. At least I can say Ive been doing 'stuff' in this update! I have painted the bathroom and kitchen, bye bye ugggggly peach! So much nicer.
Ive also gotten the knitting and sewing bug, perfect just in time for returning to tech and having no spare time!

I have started a lovely cabled vest for Jake, Im so in love with it and really enjoying knitting it, I normally like to knit on circ needles but Ive found the flats love again. So heres a sneak peak at it (because it will be a while until its finished!)
The lime green verigated wool is from a swap a while ago, Im so in love with it!


And today I finally sewed Jake his Thomas Pjs, the fabrics been floating around the lounge with him asking for pjs everyday, Not a very clear pic at all but its satin Thomas print boxers and a singlet with a square of satin sewn on. He also asked for a pocket so will add that later (for his wipe that he always lugs to bed for his watery allergy eyes :( )

I did a swap/trade that involved me sewing a circ needle roll, so I came up with this, love the colours and I really enjoyed sewing it, spent the time measuring and ironing etc (for a change *blush*)
So decided to make another for a secret box trade. (hope no one for that is looking here!!)

And all rolled up.
More knitting bug. A pilar dishcloth, no idea why its off on funny angle tho! Hoping it straightens in the wash. Loved this pattern, was nice and easy but not so easy you zone out from being bored.
ANd for my dishcloth swap I made an owl cloth.


and a cupcake, but its tiny! Stupid pattern! Will have to upsize it and make another to send off!
I also made a bag for the bag swap. This one is a nappy bag, at first I was a bit gutted to get someone who wanted a nappy bag *blush* I was never a 'nappy bag mum' as they were boring and bulky and encourage you carry around loads too much stuff. But found some fabrics I fell in love with and got all excited to sew a nappy bag ;) Personally I think its the best nappy bag ever!
Double front pocket on one side, smaller pocket to the side on the other side.
Zippered pocket inside and smaller pocket on the other
and an elasticated pocket on the side inside.
Just need to find the magnet button I brought and put somewhere 'safe', attach it and its ready to go.
I have also been dyeing wool but still to get pics of that. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment